List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] mass converting .bmp to jpg
From:       Susie <arienadean () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2003-03-31 23:35:57

Try xnview.  It's masked but I've used it in mandrake and gentoo and as
far as I can tell it is stable on x86(not sure of other platorms tho).
Other than that there is a kde program called pixie plus.  XnView tho
supports a large amount of formats and is similar to the windows program
thumbsplus.  However I use xnview in both windows and linux.  If you go
for the xnview you have to go to their site and download the static
tar(for some reason emerge doesn't fetch it).  Pixie plus however should
just work afik tho personally I've not tried it I looked at the software
as it looked neat.  XnView tho will convert alot of formats that I've
not seen in the other linux apps I tried.

XnView
http://www.xnview.com/

Pixie Plus
http://www.mosfet.org/pixie