List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] ALSA problem for esd
From:       Robert Cole <robert.cole () support4linux ! com>
Date:       2003-03-28 0:29:25

On Monday 24 March 2003 11:33 am, Frédéric Descamps wrote:
> hello,
>
> has somebody such audio card : 00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller:
> Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02) ?
>
> I don't have any sound in gnome but it works with kde...

Did you follow the gentoo alsa docs exactly? It sounds like sound is compiled
into the kernel instead of as modules. That I think would explain why KDE has
sound and gnome doesn't. KDE is using arts for sound instead of alsa.

Make sure EVERYTHING in the kernel sound setup is set to M and not *

Just a guess...

Robert