List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] default mailto: client in mozilla
From:       Robert Cole <robert.cole () support4linux ! com>
Date:       2003-03-10 22:46:28

I've searched and searched and have so far been unable to find a solution to
using evolution for the default mailto: client in mozilla. Here's what I've
found so far:

changes to prefs.js:

 user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.mailto", true);
 user_pref("applications.mailto", "/usr/bin/evolution");
 user_pref("applications.mailto.host", "%username%@%host%");

The problem is I get a "mailto is not a registered protocol" message when
clicking on a mail link in mozilla 1.3b.

Anyone have any ideas? Any idea when the mozilla team will add such a basic
feature to mozilla?

Robert