List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] squirly mouse
From:       Shane Hickey <shane () howsyournetwork ! com>
Date:       2003-01-10 1:27:08

Howdy all,
	I have a Thinkpad T30 with both a trackball and a little touchpad.  In
X, both of these seem to work pretty well.  Not content with that ;), I
decided to plug in an optical usb mouse.  I then added usbmouse to
/etc/modules.autoload.  Then I configured both mice in X and they both
work, but the usbmouse is a little squirly.  It just seems to jump every
once and awhile.  I'm using /dev/usbmouse as the device, and this
appears to be a link to /dev/input/mice.  However, /dev/input/mouse0
also seems to work (but it is also squirly).
	I'm sure I've done something foolish.

Thanks,

Shane