List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Ugly fonts after GTK/Gnome upgrade
From:       Vlad Berditchevskiy <vlad () hashbang ! de>
Date:       2003-01-06 1:01:19

Hi,

I just upgraded my Gnome desktop to the latest stable version (emerge -u
gnome). It upgraded GTK+ to 2.2 and some other gnome packages. Now I
don't see my custom fonts I used before. I can see them in xfontsel and
in Gnome1 applications, but if I open the Gnome2 font selector, they are
just not there. All available fonts look ugly. There is a new setting
called "Font Rendering", but it makes no difference, whatever I
select. Anyway, I don't want this antialiasing at all, I just want my
good old bitmap fonts back.

\  /                                       vlad@hashbang.de
 \/lad                                     http://www.hashbang.de