List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kdeinit startup time problem
From:       Jim LeBay <jim_lebay () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-23 2:25:46

I also have this problem on one of my machines.  Kdm takes takes over 1
minute to launch on my work desktop.  I don't have many other details
available here, other than I installed 1.4_rc1 a couple weeks ago, so
it should have KDE 3.0.4.

I also discovered a related security problem.  If I press
ctl-alt-backspace while kdm is (slowly) launching, it restarts X and
then launches kde directly, without the kdm login or my password or any
delay.

Jim LeBay