List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Hiding items in KDE menu only works intermittently
From:       "Charles N. Burns" <charles.burns () cox ! net>
Date:       2002-12-20 18:18:31

Using KDE3, when I hide menu items (in the main KDE menu) with the menu
editor, the hidden attribute is often ignored, or works intermittently.

For example, I hid the "development" tree (setting up a desktop for my
mother). The menu editor does indeed show that it is hidden, showing
"[hidden]" near the item, but it is still visible in the menu. I tried
unhiding it, rehiding it as well.
I am using the latest KDE in Gentoo, 3.04 I believe as of this writing, on
Gentoo 1.4pre.
Cflags, if they somehow have something to do with this, are:
   -march=athlon -pipe -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer

Should I file a bug, or is this something obvious I have missed?