List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] issuing halt command as user
From:       "Tom Caudron" <tom_caudron () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-12-04 20:56:53

A quick question (I hope).

I've set up Gentoo with Gnome (no KDE at all) and when I exit Gnome, I am
unable to perform a shutdown (i.e., I cannot select Log Out from the menu,
then choose Shut Down from the dialog box...or more specifically, I can, but
it does no good).  To turn the system off, I have to Log out of Gnome, then
log out of the session, log in as root, and issue a halt command.  I cannot
issue a halt command at all as a user.  Is there some setting I've failed to
change?

-Tom Caudron