List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] console-based newsreader that handles binary attachments (&yenc)
From:       n cookit <gentoo_mail () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2002-11-26 15:28:37

while at work on windows I use tightvnc to connect to the vncserver on my gentoo \
linux box at home. I'm sticking with the default window manager with the \
vncviewer(twm) as it uses minimal bandwidth.

While physically in front of the machine at home I use Pan to check newsgroups. \
However, I'd like the option of a console based reader so I can tag binary downloads \
from work. But the thing is, I dont want to have to tag all 43 pieces of \
filename.r00, I'd like to see only one entry for complete files (as I see it now with \
Pan). I tend to check out a couple rather large newsgroups and it takes me a while \
already even though i see one entry for a file with many pieces. It is not feasible \
to browse through viewing the entire newsgroup contents.

I tried slrn and tin, but either they do not support what i want, or i cannot find \
the appropriate display options.

If possible, I'd also like for it to support yenc attachments. I installed the \
'net-news/yencode' package, is that all i need? I'm not sure because Pan is able to \
handle it without any additional packages.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, i'd greatly appreciate it.

-N