List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kdeinit startup time problem
From:       Charles M Mills <boson () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2002-11-25 5:40:51

I submitted this bug about a week ago:
###
10947    kdm slow - can't find config file
This error occurs in my /var/log/kdm.log file and causes kdm to take about a
minute to
start:
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0: cd: /usr/share/config/kdm: No such file or directory

Fix - make the following link:
/usr/share/config -> /usr/kde/3.1/share/config

Now kdm starts in a reasonalbe amount of time.
Charlie
 ###
So that fix will shave some time off.  But if you look in /var/log/kdm.log you
will find this error:
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0: /usr/kde/3.1/bin/kdmdesktop: No such file or directory
I am not sure what is causing that.
Charlie