List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] sawfish autoraise problem
From:       Tom Prado <tprado () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-11-20 5:54:45

I've been having a problem with sawfish for several months now.  I
switched to metacity and have been mostly happy but when I try to play
transgaming games, the window border and panel show making the game
screen shift down off the screen.

So I'm trying to get sawfish working again - it has always worked fine
when using winex.

Onto the problem I'm having.  Autoraise does not appear in the
configuration.   When I run sawfish-ui and select the focus tab,
autoraise is not there.  When I look in preferences:///Advanced/Sawfish
and select focus, it's not there.

This all started back when gnome2 was released.  I waited patiently for
all the sawfish issues with gnome2 and gmp and librep issues to get
resolved and the autoraise still doesn't work.

I like to use the autoraise function of whatever window manager I use
and sawfish's autoraise not working has been driving me nuts.

Does anyone have any clues as to what the problem might be?

-Tom