List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] installation problem
From:       "C. Mills" <boson () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2002-10-25 0:12:58

Have you edited your /boot/grub/menu.lst
It should look something like this:
#/boot/grub/menu.lst
default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd1,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title=Gentoo Linux
root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/sdb2

title=Gentoo Linux: Old Kernel
root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/bzImage.old root=/dev/sdb2

# + maybe some stuff for booting windows...
Anyway you could change the timeout to a really small number, like 0.
That way you won't really see the prompt ... I think?
The 'default 0' part means it will boot to the first entry, mainly 'Gentoo
Linux'.  You can also set a fallback like 'fallback 1' means it will try
the second entry if the first doesn't work.
Charlie