List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] X and GNOME
From:       dmorgan () corpmedia ! com (Danny Morgan)
Date:       2002-10-22 12:48:44

I currently have Gentoo installed and running, however I have a weird
problem I hope someone can help me with.  I have XFree86 v4.2.1
installed along with GNOME, everything compiled fine and X runs fine
without GNOME.  Once I configure the system to use GNOME I get the GNOME
splash screen and then it hangs for a second and drops back to the
terminal.  I can configure X to use metacity as the window manager and
start GNOME form an xterm and it runs fine.  The error message that I
see in the log file is:

AUDIT: <Date and Time>: 353 X: client 125 rejected from localhost

Any clues?

Thanks,
Danny L. Morgan