List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] X login manager
From:       manny rosa <manny_robot_freak () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-20 1:42:06

Hey, I would like to install an X login manager for my
system, but I don't know the package names. I don't
want to use xdm (unless there us some way of
configuring a shutdown button). I would like to use
gdm, but I'm afraid I may have to build gnome. I need
a manager that allows users to shutdown the computer
since I'd rather not give them my root password.

Are there any login managers that don't depend on an X
desktop? If not, which package contains gdm?