List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] evolution ldap bug
From:       "Erik Grinaker" <erikg () wired-networks ! net>
Date:       2002-04-27 18:46:02

> I have the exact same problem. After some debugging I found that it was
> caused by reference to a glade UI resource that was not to be found in
> the sources for Evolution. My guess is it happened when you pressed the
> Add button. That should open a dialog box with some tabs, and the
> glade-description for the first tab is missing.
>
> I downloaded the latest sources from CVS at Ximian, and the same
> problem was present there. I have filed a bug-report with Ximian about
> this.

I suspect this may have something to do with the Gentoo system, as it works
perfectly well on a RedHat system. The SRPM only contains the same source
tarball which Gentoo uses for its ebuild, so it may have something to do
with Gentoo after all.

I submitted a bug, id 2170, just in case...

--

Erik Grinaker
Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant

"Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery