List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard drive (installation)
From:       czernitko <czernitko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-28 19:46:41

Hi, it seems improbable that your desktop PC would have only one HDD slot.
Could you post your exact model number please? :)
To give you some hope, I have had Linux installed on external hdd for daily
use for about two years. It is at least five years back, it was over USB
2.0 and worked quite well. I did some photo editing and retouching and it
was ok.
How big is your internal drive anyway? Isn't it possible to use around 30GB
for Gentoo system partition? Or do you just want to keep original hdd
intact?
Regards,
Peter
​