List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: Outside of portage (was Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers)
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-23 18:09:07

Barry Schwartz wrote:
> Frank Peters <frank.peters@comcast.net> skribis:
>> I hope lilo stays around forever.  It is a sensible choice.
>
> Lilo is good; it checks your work for you. The bootloader isn't really
> an operating system feature, in my view, because if you have more than
> one OS they are all going to use the same bootloader (not counting
> chaining).

This is odd, I switched away from lilo when I was dual booting two Linux
OS's.  The things you are talking about being good are the reasons I
switched.  lol

I been using grub, legacy, for a long time and I have no complaints
about it.  For me, it works better than lilo ever did.  The new grub may
change things tho.  May being the key word.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: