List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] crm114 - update failure
From:       Paul Stear <gentoo () appjaws ! plus ! com>
Date:       2010-07-02 11:29:12

On Thursday 01 Jul 2010 15:50:46 Frank Peters wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:22:01 +0100
>
> Paul Stear <gentoo@appjaws.plus.com> wrote:
<snip>
> You are missing libtre.a, the static library.
>
> You should emerge tre with USE="static-libs" to get it.
>
> I don't know if package tre respects the "static-libs" USE option, but
> it is worth a try.
>
> Frank Peters
Hello Frank,
USE="static-libs" did not work but after reading the bug that Peter highlighted
I was a bit confused (not unusual for me) but I tried MAKEOPTS="-j1" USE=-
static emerge --oneshot -avtu crm114  and it worked.
So I now have it installed but in kmail when I run the spam wizard it reports
that no spam detection tools were found.
I just don't know what to do next, should I use another spam tool? Any
recommendations?
Thanks for all who helped
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.