List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: "Superblock last mount time is in the future.
From:       Mark Knecht <markknecht () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-06 1:59:23

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM, ABCD <en.ABCD@gmail.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> It's been a while since I've dealt with that issue, but if I remember
>> correctly, the file should read:
>>
>> # cat /etc/runlevels/boot/.critical
>> clock checkroot modules checkfs localmount bootmisc
>>
>> In other words, it's just a flat list of services, no variable names, etc.
>>
>> - --
>> ABCD
>
> And we have a winner! (Almost...)
>
> That solved the problem for all partitions other than my root
> partition. The message on that partition comes earlier so I suspect it
> has to check that partition before it can read this file. Possible an
> fsck will solve that one.
>
> Anyway, this is much better. Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Finally fixed. Thanks to everyone who helped out. The solution for now was:

1) Set up the .critical file with only the service names and nothing else

# cat /etc/runlevels/boot/.critical
clock checkroot modules checkfs localmount bootmisc

2) Write a note to myself to remove this down the road.

3) Do an fsck of the filesystems:

shutdown -F -r now

4) The above command worked for all filesystems except for / so boot
the Live CD - I used 2007.0 and do an fsck in that environment:

fsck -a /dev/sda2

5) Reboot and check that all the messages are gone, which they were in
my case, at least for now.

Again, thanks to all.

Cheers,
Mark