List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64]  Re: KDE 4.2 startup
From:       Stan Sander <stsander () sblan ! net>
Date:       2009-02-04 20:53:08

Mark Haney wrote:

> Yep.  That was it.  Man, am I an idiot.  Yet another case of me
> overthinking a problem.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  It never occurred to me either until you
stated you got a different background after setting DISPLAYMANAGER, but
still logged into kde 4.1  That's one of the best things about open
source and mailing lists like this in general, you never know which head
will contain the set of eyeballs that finally sees the problem.
Meanwhile, I learned a good deal about the DISPLAYMANAGER setting --
i.e. kdm vs kdm-4.x.

--
Stan & Tashi