List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    [gentoo-amd64] quadcore - part 2
From:       "Fernando Boaglio" <boaglio () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-27 10:15:00

Hi again, =)

Yesterday I was installing my Gentoo from stage3 and I noticed (with
htop) even though my machine has 4Gb, only 350mb (tops) was used
during compilation.

Is there any way to improve my memory usage  ?

Another question: the cooler from quadcore box is too much noisy, and
my old machine ( X2 4200+ - Socket 939) has an excellent Zalman cooler
, but will be safe to use it ?

TIA!

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio