List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to make emerge + keepdir + NFS play nice?
From:       Beso <givemesugarr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-14 9:24:21

try mounting it in local and rerun the ebuild. if you don't get errors with
it then it's a nfs problem.
for an nfs partition to be read in the right way you not only need to pass
the proper permission at mount, but you'll also have to load the proper
kernel module (it should be nfs if i recall right). try reading the how-to
about how to set a portage nfs cluster and try a sync after setting it. then
use the same settings on your nfs mounts and you should be able to run
properly keepdir and use the partition as it were on your local hd.

2007/12/14, Kyle Liddell <kyle@foobox.homelinux.net>:

> Greetings.
>
> (This isn't amd64 specific, but...)
>
> Is there any easy way to get emerge to play nice when various directories
> are mounted over NFS?  My current problem is with mpd:  the ebuild runs
> keepdir on /var/lib/mpd/music, but, that's mounted over NFS with
> root_squash.  For now I've just commented out the line and put it in a
> portage overlay, but that's ugly.
> (I'd like to report it as a bug- it's rather annoying, but I'm sure
> somebody has a good reason for dropping things all over my filesystem.)
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle Liddell
> --

dott. ing. beso