List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 3200+ -> X2 4000+
From:       "Fernando Boaglio" <boaglio () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-11 20:22:27

I found this helpful information:

If you have a newer Athlon64("Venice" or "San
Diego")/Athlon64-X2("Manchester" or "Toledo") (check for pni in cat
/proc/cpuinfo) you can also add -msse3 to your CFLAGS to enable SSE3
support. Any chip using the 90nm process except for the "Winchester"
class Athlon64 supports SSE3.

Also bear in mind that all Athlon64 X2 and Opteron 165, 170, 175, 180,
and 185 processors are dual-core CPUs so make sure that you use
MAKEOPTS="-j3" in your make.conf. This doesn't affect the code but
might reduce compile times.

All socket AM2 processors are SSE3 capable as well.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags#Athlon_64_X2_.28AMD.29

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio