List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] Moving X...
From:       Mike Lundy <novas007 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-06-30 7:55:39

On Thursday 29 June 2006 00:55, Hamish Marson wrote:
> Under /usr/X11R6 I can have several copies... Generic, CVS and old
> working etc... Moving it to /usr has meant I can't do that any more.
> And makes debugging problems a real pain.

Also (though it's not quite as fast) if you don't like the prefix-path idea,
you could build binary packages of each and switch between them that way. You
can even use quickpkg to package the current one so you don't have to rebuild
that one. It's not quite the same (config files have to be massaged) but
it'll work.