List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems when more than one application uses sound
From:       Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-05-28 19:11:15

--- Felipe Ribeiro <felipernb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using alsa, and i can't use the sound
> simultaneously by more than
> one application, for example, when i'm seeing flash
> animations on
> firefox, xmms can't output sound. How can i solve
> this?
Your example is not a realy good one, as flash can
only use OSS for sound output. If you only use
applications that are able to output to alsa you
should not have this problem, even if your soundcard
does not phisicaly support multiple outputs.
Btw, my onboard sound card doaes support PHISICALY up
to 4 outputs so I don't have this issue. I was under
the impresion that such onboard cards are a common
thing for AMD64 motherboards as mine was a cheap
socket 754 with a Via K8T800 chipset.