List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] Strange messages
From:       "David C. Scheltema" <dcschelt () umich ! edu>
Date:       2006-03-15 22:34:38

I had the same issue, although I did run etc-update.  Unfortunately I cannot
recall if I deleted the old file or the update.  Regardless of that, you will
find that the lines causing the output are in  /etc/login.defs.  Against my
better judgment I just commented them out and figure that I will deal with
the issue later.
David