List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE/MIDI won't work
From:       pier luigi papeschi <papeschi () libero ! it>
Date:       2005-02-28 9:29:36

Hi, first of all I tell you that I solved this problem!

I had this problem useing rosegarden (I wanted to listen to what I was
writeing). I solved this launching timidity like server. It creates software
midi ports that a sequncer like rosegarden (or kmid?) can use to play midi
files.

My experience is that it won't work if started at init time: remove it from
the runlevel and start timidity server by hand.

I didn't use the timidity-eawpatches.

I'm sorry, but at the moment I can't give you the rigth command line to start
the timidity server.

pier