List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] reinstalled gentoo.  still can't mount DVDs.
From:       "Seanny" <sean () seannyob ! org>
Date:       2005-02-25 1:44:28

I thought about that.  The thing is that the manual says that the drive
settles on a certain zone after five times.  so maybe i did hose it that
way?

I have another box, but god knows if it'll boot.  ;)

Maybe the problem is a jumper setting (i was surprised to see the jumper
at all on a sata drive)...or that it's on ide1 and not ide0?

Criminy.  This is sooooo annoying.
Thanks for trying to help.

Sean