List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-amd64] Emachines M6805 laptop problem with modules-update
From:       "Rob Lesslie" <roblesslie () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-05-23 10:01:09

Hello

I had this problem on a Evesham laptop after I built the kernel.

The way I found to fix it was to do a Stage 2 install with
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" in /etc/make.conf.  Once I had the machine booting,
I commented this line out.  I think there is a problem with glibc that
casues this, but as you are doing a Stage 3 I'm not sure if that is the
reason - I suppose it depends on how the Stage 3 was built.

I know that placing ~amd64 in your make.conf is not considered the best
thing to do, but it worked for me.

Hope this helps!

Rob "Aggamemnon" Lesslie

&gt;From: HF &lt;harris-family@comcast.net&gt;
&gt;Reply-To: gentoo-amd64@lists.gentoo.org
&gt;To: gentoo-amd64@lists.gentoo.org
&gt;Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Emachines M6805 laptop problem with
modules-update
&gt;Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 21:47:58 -0400
&gt;
&gt;I built stage3 gentoo for amd64 on my laptop (emachines M6805)
&gt;all went well expect for the modules-update.
&gt;
&gt;when I ran modules-update I get: &quot;Warning: could not generate
&gt;/etc/modprobe.conf!&quot;
&gt;
&gt;So I continued on, when I was done and rebooted
&gt;into gentoo it stops at &quot;calculating module dependencies&quot;
&gt;I am guessing because of the /etc/modprove.conf problem?
&gt;
&gt;also on the kernel line I had noacpi and noapm
&gt;
&gt;thanks
&gt;scott
&gt;