List:       gentoo-amd64
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-amd64] XFree 4.3.99 and emerge
From:       Dylan Carlson <absinthe () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-03-03 0:23:16

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 5:14 pm, Emilio Federici wrote:
> Hi everybody! I've recently upgraded to the development version 4.3.99
> of XFree (due to the fact that it's the only one with Radeon9800 drivers
> working). It works flawlessly, only annoyance is that since then,
> everytime I emerge a package that depends on XFree it tries install back
> 4.3.0! So i must emerge the single dependant packages one by one and
> when I find the one that tries revert old XFree, emerge it with -O
> option. This is bothering for large projects with lot of dependencies
> that i'd leave machine work on but now need "interactive work". Is it
> that emerge considers 4.3.99 older than 4.3.0?!

No, it is because 4.3.99 is masked (and will likely always be until it is
removed), and you are running with KEYWORDS="amd64".

Add "x11-base/xfree ~amd64" to your /etc/portage/package.keywords.
If /etc/portage/package.keywords doesn't exist, create the directory and
the file and add that entry to it.

Cheers,
Dylan Carlson [absinthe@gentoo.org]
Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F