List:       gentoo-alt
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-alt] native-cctools && binutils-config on AIX
From:       "Marshall McMullen" <marshall.mcmullen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-23 14:13:42

That's what I thought as well, let me know if you find anything out

On 3/23/07, Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@salomon.at> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 04:08 -0500, Marshall McMullen wrote:
> > I was emerging the native-cctools tonight (I was doing --oneshot, is
> > that right?) and got this error when it pulled in binutils-config:
> >
> > /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/portage/bin/ecompressdir: line 64:
> > 860388 Done                    find "${dir}" -type f ${negate} -iname
> > '*.'${suffix} -print0
> >      753910 IOT/Abort trap          (core dumped) | ${XARGS} -0 ${binary}
>
> This comes since merging findutils, have seen this too - I'll try to
> track this down soon, it is an assertion failure somewhere in xargs.c...
>
> /haubi/
>
> --

Marshall McMullen
marshall.mcmullen@gmail.com
mjmcmullen@gmail.net
mdmcmullen@us.ibm.com

In France, there's a popular saying about Linux that essentially translates as:
"Linux? You can get a less powerful system, but it will cost you more."