List:       gentoo-alt
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo/ALT Contributor's Guide
From:       Grobian <grobian () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-10-22 19:13:22

First off, looks promising all!

Michael Kohl wrote:
> And now for a request: I'd really appreciate all your input on a
> document on AT procedures, like the one AMD64 currently has:

We (OSXians) currently have a guideline on keywording of ebuilds which
is somewhat different, so for us only marking testing (unstable) would
apply.

To try and give you the best answer I can come up with regarding your
question:
- ATs 'advise' devs
- devs are always responsible for the commit
- ATs should have a known setup which is considered to be 'correct'
- within each sub-project, an AT is assigned to a primary dev, which is
the dev that is responsible for the 'quality' of the AT's work.
- ATs have the freedom to alternate their input from simply advise to
completely fix a package
- devs may request for testing by an AT (for instance when I see a
package is bumped with ~ppc-macos and I doubt whether the new version
will compile)
- ATs may refuse work ;)

These a a few things I can come up with.  Some might require some
discussion though :p

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead