List:       gdb
Subject:    Re: value of gdbadmin effort to create gdb daily/weekly source tarballs
From:       Mark Wielaard <mark () klomp ! org>
Date:       2024-04-15 18:14:47

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 10:48:07AM -0700, Joel Brobecker via Gdb wrote:
> On the other hand, it does act a periodic test of the script being
> src-release.sh script staying operational. But if that were the only
> reason we had, we can preserve this as a pure test, where we do
> a periodic source packaging, but instead of saving it for people
> to download, we simple discard it.

Other projects like glibc, valgrind, libabigail, etc. have moved their
snapshots builds to http://snapshots.sourceware.org/ which creates a
snapshot build and creates documentation from current git. This makes
sure the release processes/scripts keep working. And it has caught
release issues early (which often don't occur during a normal
developer build). Since this is part of the normal
builder.sourceware.org infrastructure it also provides better
visibility.

Cheers,

Mark