List:       gdb
Subject:    Re: building GDB 9.0.50.20191206
From:       Tom Tromey <tromey () adacore ! com>
Date:       2019-12-18 20:23:25

Joel> Going back to Simon's question about what to do for the release,
Joel> I tend to agree with you that it's an unnecessary risk to be trying
Joel> to finish the transition of moving the directories to the root
Joel> directory. Could we add a test that checks explicitly for in-tree
Joel> builds and abort with a clear error message when detected?

Sure.  I don't know when I can get to it though.

Joel> Is there an in-tree/out-of-tree check that already exists for that?
Joel> Otherwise, I'd base it on the src_dir being different from the
Joel> build dir, but that's simple-minded and pretty easy to defeat
Joel> (not that it's a huge issue).

We could just check for any old source file in ".", like ChangeLog.

Or we could revert the gnulib move on the branch.  That might not be too
hard.

Tom