List:       gdb
Subject:    Re: Bad performance in updating JIT debug symbols
From:       Fredrik Tolf <fredrik () dolda2000 ! com>
Date:       2016-09-20 2:19:54

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I've now rebased and force-pushed part of what I had to the
> users/palves/jit-speedup branch.  It's regression-free for me
> on x86_64 Fedora 23.  I'm also attaching qsort patch below for
> reference.

I tested the branch, and can verify that it seems to be working really
well for me. I no longer any noticable slowdown at compilations
whatsoever, so that's really great for me. I'll probably be running this
until the code gets its way into release, so thanks a lot!

I haven't tested it a whole lot yet, but I too haven't noticed any
regressions thus far.

> If you don't have any breakpoint set, then with that branch,
> JIT debugging is snappy.  The problem is that the next bottleneck
> triggers as soon as you have some breakpoint set.

For the record, I'm not noticing this. I tried setting a breakpoint, and
there's still no problem whatsoever when new code is JITted.

--
Fredrik Tolf