List:       gdb
Subject:    Re: gdb (gdbserver.exe) build problem under msys
From:       asmwarrior <asmwarrior () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-27 7:40:27

Hi, all, I have solved my problem.

It's quite simple problem due to the Line Ending.

As some days ago, I updated the MSYSGit to a new version, and then MsysGit by default \
will convert the Linux LF line ending to Windows CRLF format. (when I used this new \
MSYSGit to pull from the remote gdb git, the new updated file in my local copy will \
have CRLF format). So, I found that in the source tree, the file \
gdb/gdbserver/config.in has the CRLF format, and this will result a wrong file in the \
build tree gdb/gdbserver/config.h.

(I have used to run the "config.status --debug" to see whether the awk script works \
fine to replace macros in config.in)

Changing all the related files to LF format solved the problem, and now all was built \
successfully.

Sorry, for the inconvenience.

In fact, I have meet such kind of problem one years ago, see: (The problem bite me \
again today) See the post of mine on how to solve such problem.
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2010-12/msg00043.html

Thank you!

Asmwarrior
ollydbg from codeblocks' forum