List:       gdb
Subject:    GDB default breakpoint instruction for SuperH
From:       Min ZOU <zou.min () renesas ! com>
Date:       2006-05-23 1:13:22

Hi,

I looked at this GDB (v6.4) source file:  gdb/config/sh/tm-sh.h . In
side, it specifies the default breakpoint instruction for SH, which
causes GDB to insert 0xc320 (trapa #32) into target when breakpoint is
set. See below:

#define DEPRECATED_BIG_REMOTE_BREAKPOINT    { 0xc3, 0x20 } /* Used in
remote.c *
/
#define DEPRECATED_LITTLE_REMOTE_BREAKPOINT { 0x20, 0xc3 } /* Used in
remote.c *
/

I wonder why by default 0x20 is used instead of other number without
knowing the target SuperH processor type ?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Min