List:       gdb
Subject:    Re: shared serial port in GDB
From:       Jim Blandy <jimb () red-bean ! com>
Date:       2005-11-22 20:04:30

Veering off-topic: when I deal with the remote protocol, I often
wonder how small one could get a PPP implementation.  The remote
protocol's half-hearted gestures at layering, control character
transparency, and so on just seem kind of dumb.  One wouldn't need to
implement all the little PPP sub-protocols.  But it would be cool to
actually talk to a stub over TCP, and be able to assume a reliable
connection.