List:       gdb
Subject:    Re: GDB for ARC (was Re: ARC-insight questions)
From:       Andrew Cagney <ac131313 () redhat ! com>
Date:       2003-06-26 15:05:24

> Rich,
>
> This is really a question for the GDB folks.  There was never any
> ARC-specific part of Insight.  Insight simply runs on top of GDB.  It
> was GDB that dropped support for ARC.

Yes.

The ARC was made obsolete just prior to GDB 5.3:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-announce/2002/msg00010.html.
Noises about this started to be made prior to GDB 5.2:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2002-01/msg00026.html.

You're more than welcome to revive it.  Just remember that it will be
treated as a new port and as such has the following acceptance criteria:

- an FSF assignment
Contact me for details.
- comply with gnu coding standards
Recommend running gdb/gdb_indent.sh on the file
- free of GDB related coding problems - deprecated code, strict ISO C,
... The ari helps http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/ari.
- pure multi-arch

Andrew