List:       gdb
Subject:    Ctrl-c problem
From:       Richard Brunelle <rbrunelle () envitech ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 21:07:14

Hi,

I'm doing kernel debugging through the use of gdb running on a
development machine and a gdb stub running on a target machine. The
latter is acheive with the kgdb patch applied to a kernel 2.4.18. This
patch allows me to connect a development PC to a target PC through a
serial line. It allows me to remotely debug a patched kernel. The
connection works fine, I'm able to connect gdb to the target machine at
boot time (target remote /dev/tyS0). The problem is not hardware. I am
able to step in the kernel code at this time. After a few step, I resume
the execution of the kernel with the continue command.

My problem comes when I want to stop the execution of the target kernel
with gdb. Usually Ctrl-c is used to stop the execution of the running
process. So I hit Ctrl-c but the kernel never stop.

Is there any configuration for gdb to enable Ctrl-c?

Does anyone ever experience this problem?

Richard Brunelle