List:       gcrypt-devel
Subject:    IV handling in symmetric modes in libgcrypt
From:       Damian Vizar <damian.vizar () epfl ! ch>
Date:       2017-02-02 16:06:52

Hi,

I have a fairly simple question: for the symmetric blockcipher modes of
operation (I am mostly interested in AEAD modes), does the IV have to be
re-set manually for every encryption, or is there some mechanism that
updates the IV automatically? (E.g. by counter-like incrementation).

I tried to figure it out on my own, but I am not familiar with the code
of libgcrypt.

Thanks,
Damian