List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: Re: Build fail on gthr-simple.h targets (Re: AsyncI/O patch committed)
From:       "Andre Vieira (lists)" <Andre.SimoesDiasVieira () arm ! com>
Date:       2018-07-31 8:45:52

On 27/07/18 13:25, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Correct, the proposed patch does not fix the build failure on AIX.
>
> Please see the information on the GCC Compile Farm wiki page for
> instructions to bootstrap on gcc119.
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm#Projects_Ideas - at the bottom of
> Project ideas.
>
> Thanks, David
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 3:30 AM Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 26.07.2018 um 22:54 schrieb Thomas Koenig:
>>> Hi Ulrich,

>>> Thanks for the analysis, and the pointer to the macros.
>>>
>>> Because the functionality depends on these features, it is best to
>>> remove them if it is not present. So, here is a patch which does
>>> just that.
>>>
>>> This was reg-tested on Linux, which showed that the functionality is
>>> still there. I tried bootstrapping on AIX on gcc119, but this failed
>>> due to an unrelated issue (problem with compiling the inline
>>> libraries).
>>>

>> OK, this does not work.
>>
>> We have found a method of checking on Linux, and this does not work.
>> We have also found a way of working in the next couple of days, so
>> expect an update in one or two days.
>>
>> If that is too much time, feel free to revert the async patch
>> in the meantime.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>         Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Sorry but I had to revert your patch as it has been breaking our
bare-metal builds for over 5 days now.

Comitted as r263082.

2018-07-31  Andre Vieira  <andre.simoesdiasvieira@arm.com>

    Reverted 'AsyncI/O patch committed'
    2018-07-25  Nicolas Koenig  <koenigni@gcc.gnu.org>
        Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@gcc.gnu.org>

        PR fortran/25829
        * gfortran.texi: Add description of asynchronous I/O.
        * trans-decl.c (gfc_finish_var_decl): Treat asynchronous variables
        as volatile.
        * trans-io.c (gfc_build_io_library_fndecls): Rename st_wait to
        st_wait_async and change argument spec from ".X" to ".w".
        (gfc_trans_wait): Pass ID argument via reference.

    Reverted 'AsyncI/O patch committed'
    2018-07-25  Nicolas Koenig  <koenigni@gcc.gnu.org>
        Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@gcc.gnu.org>

        PR fortran/25829
        * gfortran.dg/f2003_inquire_1.f03: Add write statement.
        * gfortran.dg/f2003_io_1.f03: Add wait statement.

    Reverted 'AsyncI/O patch committed'
    2018-07-25  Nicolas Koenig  <koenigni@gcc.gnu.org>
        Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@gcc.gnu.org>

        PR fortran/25829
        * Makefile.am: Add async.c to gfor_io_src.
        Add async.h to gfor_io_headers.
        * Makefile.in: Regenerated.
        * gfortran.map: Add _gfortran_st_wait_async.
        * io/async.c: New file.
        * io/async.h: New file.
        * io/close.c: Include async.h.
        (st_close): Call async_wait for an asynchronous unit.
        * io/file_pos.c (st_backspace): Likewise.
        (st_endfile): Likewise.
        (st_rewind): Likewise.
        (st_flush): Likewise.
        * io/inquire.c: Add handling for asynchronous PENDING
        and ID arguments.
        * io/io.h (st_parameter_dt): Add async bit.
        (st_parameter_wait): Correct.
        (gfc_unit): Add au pointer.
        (st_wait_async): Add prototype.
        (transfer_array_inner): Likewise.
        (st_write_done_worker): Likewise.
        * io/open.c: Include async.h.
        (new_unit): Initialize asynchronous unit.
        * io/transfer.c (async_opt): New struct.
        (wrap_scalar_transfer): New function.
        (transfer_integer): Call wrap_scalar_transfer to do the work.
        (transfer_real): Likewise.
        (transfer_real_write): Likewise.
        (transfer_character): Likewise.
        (transfer_character_wide): Likewise.
        (transfer_complex): Likewise.
        (transfer_array_inner): New function.
        (transfer_array): Call transfer_array_inner.
        (transfer_derived): Call wrap_scalar_transfer.
        (data_transfer_init): Check for asynchronous I/O.
        Perform a wait operation on any pending asynchronous I/O
        if the data transfer is synchronous. Copy PDT and enqueue
        thread for data transfer.