List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: [Patch, Fortran] Convert gfc_fatal_error to common diagnostics
From:       Manuel_López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-18 17:10:07

On 15 November 2014 10:23, Tobias Burnus <burnus@net-b.de> wrote:
> Especially since color diagnostic is now the default [1], it makes sense to
> convert more gfortran diagnostics to use the common diagnostics.
>
> For an example, see [1]. That also brings all the nice features like placing
> the warning option in brackets:
>   Warning: USE statement at (1) has no ONLY qualifier [-Wuse-without-only]
> Adding -Werror changes it to:
>   Error: USE statement at (1) has no ONLY qualifier
> [-Werror=use-without-only]
> -fno-diagnostics-show-caret compactifies the error into a single line
> without showing the source code - and other nice features.

In theory, one should also be able to use:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Diagnostic-Pragmas.html#Diagnostic-Pragmas

however, I am not sure what is the syntax for Fortran #pragmas.
Perhaps the Fortran FE needs to parse the pragmas first or set it up
to use the pragma handler used by C/C++.

Cheers,

Manuel.