List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: [Testsuite, Patch] Fix  testsuite/lib/gcc-dg.exp's scan-module-absence
From:       Mike Stump <mikestump () comcast ! net>
Date:       2014-03-21 19:53:55

On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:48 PM, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 08:24:49PM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> > gfortran's modules are since GCC 4.9 zipped. There are two functions,
> > which test for the existence and absent of strings in the .mod files.
>
> > 	PR fortran/60599
> > 	* lib/gcc-dg.exp (scan-module): Uncompress .mod files for
> > 	reading.
>
> Looks good to me.  Not sure, I can give an OK as the
> file is outside of gfortran directories.

My take (as test suite maintainer)...

So the test suite has bits in it that domain experts know about and care about.  It \
is always better if a domain expert reviews and approves that patch if they think the \
patch is in the right direction or nixes it if in the wrong direction.  I’ll step \
forward and scream if you all run amok.  If .mod files are fortran bits, then fortran \
people that know what a .mod is, would be the right people to review.  I’m a catch \
all, if you all don’t do your job, then, you risk me approving it.  :-)

Short version, yes, you can.=