List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: STRUCTURE and RECORD construct addtion
From:       Steve Kargl <sgk () troutmask ! apl ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2013-12-02 16:54:30

From a historical standpoint, there has always been more work
in implementing features mandated by the Fortran standards
than available volunteer time.  In the past, it seemed to be
better to encourage users to update their code to conforming
Fortran rather than taking on the the complications and
future maintenance of STRUCTURE/RECORD.

Most of the extensions offered by gfortran provide backwards
compatibility with g77.  The only entensions that I can recall
that aren't due to g77 compatibility are Cray pointers and
OpenMP.

--
steve

--