List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: [patch][PR/42955] Don't install $(target)/bin/gcc, gfortran, etc.
From:       Brooks Moses <bmoses () google ! com>
Date:       2013-09-12 23:13:20

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:
> The patch is OK with me from a build machinery point of view.

Thanks, DJ.  Based on that and Joseph's comments elsewhere that
removing these binaries is the right thing to do, I've committed the
patch.

At Ian Taylor's suggestion, I also confirmed that collect2 is finding
the correct "gcc" when it needs to do so (e.g., with -frepo).  Much as
with ld, although it will provide an error of "cannot find 'gcc'", it
is really looking for the target-prefixed binary and the "gcc" or "ld"
in the error message is simply shorthand.

- Brooks