List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: [patch, fortran] PR48976 INQUIRE with STREAM= not supported
From:       Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle () charter ! net>
Date:       2012-12-27 16:50:55

On 12/27/2012 03:12 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Dear Jerry,
>
> thanks for the patch.However, I wonder about the following:
>
> Will that be backward compatible with binaries compiled with GCC < 4.8 or will
> that cause problems? I have the feeling that it is okay as the flag ("cf2")
> indicating whether "stream=" is present has still the same type and "iqstream"
> comes last in st_parameter_inquire and is only set if (cf2 &
> IOPARM_INQUIRE_HAS_STREAM).
>
> Can confirm that there is no backward-compatibility issue? If there isn't, the
> patch is okay.
>
> Tobias

The cf2 flag exists and we are using the next unused bit as defined in
ioparm.def. No previous version of the frontend or the runtime library use or
look at this bit so there will be no compatibility issues.

I named the stream pointer iqstream to avoid it being color highlighted. My
editor highlights "stream" has a "C" key word.

I will change the constant parameter IOPARM_INQUIRE_HAS_STREAM to
IOPARM_INQUIRE_HAS_IQSTREAM just for consistency so that in the future,
maintainers will know it is related to the use of the iqstream pointer.

I will commit the patch later today and thanks for the review.

Regards,

Jerry