List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: Start up routine in Fortran executables
From:       Steve Kargl <sgk () troutmask ! apl ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2012-04-30 12:16:41

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 02:49:23AM -0700, vikram_sp wrote:

> Hi
> I am porting gnu fortran. But on running it goes to
> the MAIN__ and gives segfault if MAIN__ contains
> PRINT. Otherwise running fine.
>
> I want to know is there anything to be set up in the
> start up of the executable and what is to be done for
> smooth terminations. i.e. crt file kind of things.
>
> Please guide me. Are there any notes on that.

I think that you will need to supply more details
to get any help.  Items you  failed to tell us
include:

1) What version of gfortran?
2) What do you mean by "I am porting gnu fortran"?
3) How did you compile your program?  Give the
   exact command line and any warnings/errors
   issued by the compiler.
4) What operating system?

PS: you seem to have a strange definition of
"running fine" if a simple program calling
PRINT segfaults.

--
Steve