List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: Update on DTIO
From:       Paul Richard Thomas <paul.richard.thomas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-28 17:01:01

Dear Jerry,

> Well, my daughter had her baby last Monday. I flew home from Detroit area=
> day ago. =A0I head back to Detroit Monday. =A0As you can guess, I am a li=
ttle
> weary, but Grandson, Elijah, and mother are doing fine.

Congratulations!

> In the meantime, I managed to resurrect my patch and I have it successful=
ly
> compiling DTIO statements and building a call to a run time library stub.

That's very good news.

> My next step will be to go back and review the Standard and take a look at
> the syntax and see if I have missed something. =A0Then, I will see what I=
 need
> to do to flesh out the run-time library. =A0If anyone would like to see t=
he
> patch, let me know,

Why don't you let us have a preview?  We are going like stink getting
that last few bits an pieces in for the release and trying to crack
some of the regressions so we might not be immediately responsive :-)

> The run-time needs to be able to handle the formatting strings, etc, so
> there is a bit of work to do there.

I'll bet!  Well, make sure that it's fun to do - remember that you are
a volunteer.  How's the radio coming along?

Cheers

Paul