List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: gfortran and MSVC
From:       Dennis Wassel <dennis.wassel () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-22 9:08:08

To wrap this up:
With a small follow-up by Kai, I could solve my linking problem (only
to encounter another yet unsolved one, but there you go...)

2010/4/21 Tobias Burnus <tobias.burnus@physik.fu-berlin.de>:
> [...]
> The "_" is part of the platform ABI, but DLLs do not need to
> follow the ABI. (The actual issue is that PE-COFF is case
> insensitive but C is.)

Indeed, and when using the .def file alias mechanism below, it seems
one needs to omit trailing underscores of symbol names. dlltool
automagically takes care of that.

> In the .def file, one can use:
> Symbol-alias == <internal DLL name>

Using the alias above in the .def file works like a treat - be mindful
though to use '==' instead of '=': dlltool eats both and linking works
without a hitch, but the single-'='-alias is for *static* linking,
which is far from what I intended. Probably useful to shut up unused
dependencies, though.